Tuesday, September 30, 2008
4 tablespoons cake flour ( that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla essence
1 coffee mug
Put dry ingredients in mug. Mix well Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla essence, and mix again. I added some coconut and nuts at this time too. (You can also do all the above in a bowl and then pour it in your mug but why?????)
Microwave for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT! Note: This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous. And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
1. Flame thrower--I think Paco has it in mind to zap a few migrating birds!
2. Nearly 12--But I'd rather have been reading.
3. New Dawn--as in What's-the-big-fat-hairy-deal-with-these-vampire-books??????
4. 200--But technically I lost count around 145.
5. Cokeville Women---I can't believe how many of you wanted to use that for EVERY answer!!
6. 8--very sticky from some aphids in our trees and so long overdue--like since May!!!!!!!!!!
7. Baskets!!! I think I got you on that one. Actually the whole bathroom is full of sewing stuff. My sewing room project is sooooo slow.
8. Switzerland--Tourists from Interlaken!!! I want to say I'M from Interlaken!!! Boo hoo. We seem to have an abundance of European tourists passing through taking advantage of Fall travel discounts and an obvious lack of charming U.S. kids. I met some cool Flemish visitors on Saturday also. They wrote me out a list of all the places NOT to miss in Belgium.
9. Wood--Cokeville Women....sheesh you guys.
10. Summer clothes--Actually because our summer season here lasts just a couple of weeks, these clothes have been in the family for almost 150 years.
11. Cheese!!! I can't keep in it. The kids LOVE it. Cheese and water.
12. 25--Oh yes! And delightful they were to be sure.
13. New plates--from a yard sale--such a killer deal! Out with the very old and in with the new!
14. GPS cows--Anybody get that one? Do you think we should be doing likewise? Eating facing north or south, that is?
15. Potty chairs--Shelly called in the middle of the day. I momentarily thought something was wrong! It seems Charlie (probably smack dab in the middle of his "anal stage" (according to Freud) wants to do the potty thing. Go Charlie!
Well there you are! Zap me your totals--one point per correct answer. Thanks for playing!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Answer Pool: 25, cheese, more than 200, 8, flame thrower, New Dawn, Switzerland, baskets, potty chairs, summer clothes, Cokeville women, nearly 12, wood, GPS has revealed that the vast majority of cows graze facing north or south, new plates.
Use all answers and only once!
1. What did the UPS man deliver to our house yesterday?
2. How many hours did I spend cleaning my house (more or less)?
3. What did I return to my friend Les at City Hall?
4. How many flies did I kill yesterday?
5. What phone topic did my friend Vicki and I discuss?
6. How many windows did I wash yesterday?
7. What has now taken up residence in our bathtub?
8. What topic did I discuss with some strangers at Broulim's yesterday?
9. At the end of the day, Paco went in search of ____________________.
10. What did I stuff into a big black garbage bag for storage?
11. What did I deliver to my classroom yesterday?
12. How many guests came to my house for dinner last night?
13. What moved FINALLY from the trunk of my van into the house?
14. What "breaking news" was one of the topics of the dinner party?
15. I had momentary panic but then relaxed when I realized the phone call was just about________________________.
There you go. Answers tomorrow. I'm totally about the honor system here. BUT you must enter into my comments that you are, in fact, playing-- to be eligible.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
About the time your head was nodding for an afternoon snooze at your desk, all 105 of us were peering over the guardrail at the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River.
You were just leaving your parking lot when we chanced upon a herd of buffalo crossing the road in front of us. You were waving your arms at the bozo who darted in front of you; we hung out the windows flailing our arms at the furry beast and handed cameras across the aisle to snap pictures! "Anybody here speak buffalo????"
Final Tally: Cost of admittance to a day in a National Park--Free if you can prove you have an educational agenda.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
I confess that I am a victim of peer pressure. The gentlemen in this video are absolutley positive that this video is going to put them in a higher tax bracket. So hit this site 4 million times and we'll all go out for Snickers bars with our fortune. Note my new couch and my as yet not hung Narnia poster--just waiting to get kicked. Incidentally the hulk hands were broken about 4 nano seconds after this was taken.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Monday, September 1, 2008
Oh, they were also curious as to why I had Incredible Hulk Hands. I really had no answer other than they had screamed "TAKE ME TO SEVENTH GRADE!!!" from the Deseret Industries shelf. That will just have to do. You just never know when big green foamy hands that growl when you push the button are going to be exactly what you need to restore order.And last but not least, they wondered about the guy with the orange hair hanging over by the Muppets poster. That's Beaker--endearing because of his charming lab coat, his can do attitude, and his unique limited vocabulary. Let the wild rumpus begin...Welcome back to School.