Pageviews past week

Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Take THAT! And THAT, you vile Aliens!"


No I haven't been adbucted by aliens for intergallactic genetic research. I've disappeared to California, MD to do the grandma thing. Highlights:
--a Southwest male flight attendant named Juan who not only offered me peanuts AFTER I'd slept through the original "snackfest", but also perched on the chair arm and discussed the Twilight books which he is reading (I've slept through entire MEALS on flights over the pond and no one even said "Good Morning"!!!)
--sunshine and 70 degree weather some days
--a Humvee pot hole tour of Patuxent River Naval Air Station (and all its secret workings) to induce labor to no avail
--knitting a 16-inch Kermit the frog...while we waited for the baby to come
--30 plus hours of Gilmore Girls...while we waited for the baby to come
--smacking my nose and lip on one of those plastic dome lookout things on the jungle gym while I was doing the leap-at-you grandma bit! I think I saw stars! Ouch!! Fat lip to boot!
--making gyozas (Japanese pot stickers)
--Benjamin Button
--taking charge of Charlie when the baby finally did come... a week late. I gotta look up who spoke that great wisdom about taking over the world with two year olds.
--anticipating the visit of my friends from NJ...which kaboshed when the baby was so late.
--pomegranate blueberry ice cream
--finding the big chunky Superman action figure at Target that I've been stalking for about a year! Witnessing Charlie's attachment to it. NOW, I can send the cape. Thank you Mattel!


--the arrival of one extremely beefy Peter John Myers. Oh my. He looks very Nanook of the North-ish--all 9 plus pounds of him! So so so cute and cuddly and quiet.
--Girl Scout cookie=selling Girl Scouts who just happened to be in the neighborhood yesterday...a direct blessing from above.
--pushing one of those Little Tikes plastic automobiles at break neck speed down the hall with Charlie squealing inside
--making quiche and angel food cake with whipped cream and crushed Heath bars to celebrate last night
--finishing The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, aborting Running with Scissors (I can only do rank for a couple of pages per book), starting Orson Scott Card's Enchantment.
--fighting homesickness...really...at my age????

7 comments:

Jill said...

Oh! I can relate to the homesickness and I was only gone for 5 days! Yes, we can be homesick for our sweeties at our age. :) Congrats on the new grandbaby! They are some of the best things in this life! Your post answered the question of "Where was Sister Hadd last night?" :)Enjoy your time!

eileen c said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S to all of you. He's certainly worth missing your NJ friends.

Oh, I'm curious to know your reaction to Benjamin Button when you have a moment.

For now, keep kissing those babies.

Tracy Giles said...

He's so cute and I'm so glad that you have been there to enjoy spending time with those 2 cute grandsons.

Meredith said...

Next time you're out there,please let me know and I'll come down to see all of you. Or you can come up to your favorite city!

Shelly said...

Can I steal most of these points on your list? I need them for a thing I'm doing.

Mad Hadder said...

Sure. Steal away. I heist things occasionally as well.

Patti said...

I didn't know how much fun it could be waiting for babies to come. I'm especially tucking away the gilmore girls idea. It would almost be disappointing to have the baby come before we got all the seasons watched. Congratulations one and all! :D

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley