Pageviews past week

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Life is Beautiful


In the past week I have found myself watching and reading all manner of Holocaust-related books and movies--Devil's Arithmetic, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, Milkweed, Downfall, and the Hiding Place. Not my usual diet. I make it a habit to teach the Holocaust at some point every year and have done nearly my whole teaching career--there's a story behind that. I was reminded last night while watching the Hiding Place of this movie and this particular scene. I love it.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I love that movie and how far this man will go for his son to shelter him from war and keep him safe! I wonder if the rest of the men were mad at him for not finding out the rules?

Shelly said...

What a great scene. I love that little boy and the love his father has for him. Heartwarming!

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley