Pageviews past week

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sprint!

I'm down to less than a week before my "Pushin' 60" becomes history--a thing I did once, an experiment.  What started out as a hairbrained idea to spend my 60th birthday on the Appalachian Trail has grown and evolved and morphed into something I would never have anticipated.  Not that it's over.  Oh no!  I'm still pushing each day.  I have blogposts to write--lots to still say because I'm going to wrap the year all up in a bound book.  I still have 4 books to read, 60 cookies to give to strangers, and some other stuff I'm keeping as a surprise.  Oddly enough I'm hoping that by the time the commemorative day arrives I can basically ignore it.  In this case, the journey has devoured the destination completely.  The natural question my friends ask is "What next?"  That is a GREAT question!  We should ask that on a daily basis.  Originally I thought I'd write a book--sort of a handbook for graying women.  I'm no Nora Ephron, but I know there's an audience of baby boomers like myself.  Crossroads, self minimization, deteriorating whatever--good stuff to write about.  I've also toyed around with the idea of starting another blog and bravely addressing some non-conservative matters--perhaps anonymously.  It also looks like I'm going to be able to redefine myself as an elementary teacher for a while--a big big deal personally.  Don't touch that dial!!!  You can all come along--that is, if you thrust yourself into something as well.   

1 comment:

Patti said...

Whoa! Elementary school? This will be fun to read about. And I love surprises. I can hardly wait!

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley