Pageviews past week

Friday, April 21, 2017

Harbin, China--January 2016



We interrupt this glorious 80 degree April day to drop back in time and take you to a land in the north on a monstrously cold day in the past.  Lest you think shabbily of such negligence in keeping this blog up to date, let me hasten to add that at LEAST I'm doing it!  Right??  Catch up is a completely legitimate blogging activity.  Remember these smiling faces of Cam and Jerry.  Cam hails from Mesa, Jerry from Minnesota.  



We book these junkets with a guy named Marvin and hop aboard! It's always an adventure in China--made just that much more delightful because our fellow China Teachers do the same thing! This morning's outing took us to a tiger park!  I know!!  700 tigers, ligers, and panthers lounging in the minus 30 degrees Fahrenheit New Year's Day.  They are uncaged, but we WERE caged in a bus!





How do you top tigers?



Good question!!!  Next stop was a swimming pool for seniors.  Here's where my camera retreated into its warm inner self and really didn't come out until last summer!  I thought it was a goner, but one day it just thawed out!!  I'm still waiting for that to happen to me...cold, cold, bone-chilling cold...brrrrrr...


This pool was cozied up to and being fed by a frozen river.  We could barely tolerate this whole event.  I mean, come ON!!





I love these shots of my camera just slowly going into hibernation.  Colors start fading.




Someone took this shot of me holding a white creature.  I know not what it is, truly.  Some sort of arctic fox?  He was probably headed for a coat factory someday soon. Very docile.  I wanted to tote him around all day--tuck him down next to my heart, wear him like a stole around my neck.


World famous Harbin Ice Festival!!  Oh my...
"What cannot be described must be experienced."
  





Cam and Jerry.  Smiles gone.











All hail, Fellow Travelers!  Nary a sacrificed nose or digit in the lot!

2 comments:

Patti said...

The ice festival must have been incredible, because the just the pictures were impressive. Swimming in ice cold weather is just silly. That is not on my bucket list. But seeing those beautiful tigers just might have to be. Those were some pretty kitties!

Shelly said...

That looks sooooo cold!

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley