Pageviews past week

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

"And then there were...111!!!!!!!!!


This is my family in 1975.  We're having a reunion this summer.  They're ALL coming.  All 111 of us and assorted dogs and cats!!  Minus my magnificent grandmother, I count 18 of us, so you do the math.  It's staggering.  Those little boys in their dad's arms were born on the same day--one in Germany and one in Utah.  The bald baby on my mother's lap is a pediatric cardiologist at the Mayo Clinic now.  He doesn't look like he's up to more than drooling and filling his pants here, does he?  Also from the peanut gallery are a smashing teacher, a driven accountant, an officer of the law, a game designer, a saavy business woman, lots of good parents and some roundingly good folks.  I think my parents would be amazed at the world traveling this crew has done.  We haven't made the 6 o'clock news, but we've tried to be decent and pass that on.  The unseen in this photo are VERY present now.  That's where this family's story gets interesting!  We look forward to updating this photo. It's going to be a rocking good time.

1 comment:

Patti said...

As I scrolled down from the top blog post how delightful to have John and Marilyn suddenly appear! 111! That will be an amazing reunion. Ancestors are cool, but this posterity thing is pretty grand!

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley